If you’ve ever seen James Lipton interview an actor on his show (or seen Will Ferrell do a spot-on impression of him), you know that he always asks the same questions. Here they are, with my answers. (This was a co-worker’s idea!) Put your own answers in the comments.
1. What is your favorite word?
Defenestration (the act of throwing someone or something out of a window). I just love that there’s a word for that!
2. What is your least favorite word?
Moist. I just hate the sound of it.
3. What turns you on?
Humor, candor, optimism
4. What turns you off?
Arrogance, putting on airs
5. What is your favorite curse word?
This is a family blog! (But if you ride in the car with me as I make my way around idiots, you’ll probably hear it.)
6. What sound or noise do you love?
The dryer humming away after I’ve cleaned the house, or Patrick belting out a song while he works on something in the other room.
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
The vacuum cleaner, unless I’m the one running it. Also, squealing tires. And the phone ringing at inopportune moments.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Maybe something in healthcare; it interests me but I don’t know how good I would be at it. Ooh, or librarian! That I would be good at.
9. What profession would you not like to attempt?
I would be terrible in the military. I’d make Private Benjamin look like G.I. Jane.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?